Cool and Crisp air what is that? November is here but the cool air not so much. We have hit record highs here in Jacksonville this week. Baby its hot outside. We all know the cooler weather will be here though and it is a great time to take the kids and get outside for some Fall fun. A great time to explore our beautiful little patch of Florida in a different way. Florida is known for summer fun but Fall is a great time too.
I love this great list of Fall Day Trips by one of my all time favorite blogs Simply St. Augustine. She always knows how to have a good time in our area.
5 Fall trips for your Florida Bucket List
|Get outside this Fall and enjoy Florida in a new way.|
- Go see the manatees. Our friend Robin from Authentic Florida offers a great post with Best Places to see the manatee. This is on my Fall bucket list.
- Go horseback riding on the beach or plan a picnic and just feed the horses. Amelia Island Horseback riding offers rides for 4-6 people from Peters Point Beach. You can schedule a time online and have pretty flexible availability during the Fall months. If riding is not your thing head to Alachua for a family picnic in the grassy area and feeding at Mill Creek Horse Farm a retirement home for horses. This is great for younger children who may not be ready to ride.
- Go Birding - this is the time of year to catch some great species of birds. The Great Florida Birding trail offers you some great places to hike or just get out for a bit and see what you can spy. You might like this post we shared about Birding in North East Florida. I know the older I get the more excited I get about birds. They really are a neat species to observe.
- Head to the Florida Caverns State Park for camping and smores. The caverns are a great get away and the campgrounds are just lovely this time of year.
- Grab you Bike and go. The Florida Palatka -Lake Butler Trail is a 47 mile trail that follows the bed of the former Norfolk-Southern Railroad. Much of the trail is paved and nicely shaded.