School is back in session and you still have a child or children at home. Younger siblings are often quite anxious for big brother or sister to come home and play. How do you keep your preschooler busy while they wait? Here is a list of ten places to explore with your preschoolers now that the older kids are back to school. Have fun Jacksonville Mamas.
|10 Places to visit with your preschooler in Jacksonville FL|
- Nature's Newbies and Zoo Tots at Jacksonville Zoo - these classes are interactive early education classes for a child age 1-3 and their care giver. If you have a preschooler age 3-5 try the Zoo tots class its a little bit longer than Natures Newbies . You must pre -register for the classes online. Currently the Fall sessions are full they fill up fast so if you are interested go ahead and add your name to the wait list for next season.
- O2B Kids Parent and Me Play Groups - for ages 0-5 join in and play on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 02B Kids. There are all kinds of activities for children including music, science and gymnastics!
- Try a candy making class at Sweet Petes. Sweet Pete's has different classes for all ages. Parents can pre-register for these sweet classes online. Toddler time is currently on Friday mornings at 10am.
- Visit the Preschool class at Bricks 4 Kidz. ABC's are the building blocks of the Bricks 4 Kidz preschool class. Each week children will build a model based on the letter of the week.
- Head to MOSH the 2nd Wednesday of every month for the Little Learners program. Again you should pre register for the monthly classes online to ensure you have a space for the fun.
- Try a class at My Gym a fitness center designed just for children. There are many different classes depending on the age of your child. Find one that is age appropriate and have some fun. Plus you are encouraging healthy habits. Way to go Moms!
- Visit the public library. Many of them have reading programs weekly for children not yet in school. Stop in and get a schedule and get started on the free fun for your child.
- Grab a few mom pals and head to the indoor Chick-Fil-A playground. This is a great way to schedule a weekly play date and catch up on some Mom Talk.
- Explore a new park in your area. You can find several that we have discovered on our Tuesdays travels page. This doesn't cost a thing and your child might even meet a new friend or two.
- Get ready to bounce at Pump It Up Jax. There is always a calendar of fun filled events at Pump It up. Try the early bird jump or a if you have a special needs child check out the sensory jump. We think it is super cool of Pump It up to have a monthly sensory jump.