Thursday, July 16, 2015

Everything Women Need to be Lucy! Lucille Ball Costumes {Review}


I am super excited to be going on a cruise this Fall. Even better it is a Halloween cruise. From what I hear there will be some amazing costumes on board the ship.  I can not  wait to do some serious people watching. I love checking out the costumes on Halloween. Don't you?   With this all in mind I have been on the search for the perfect costume for myself.  I was super excited when I got to choose a costume from Costume Discounters to review. The Lucille Ball Costume drew my attention at once.  Who doesn't Love Lucy?  Plus it has been said in the past that I act just like her.

Lucille Ball Costume photo photo 1_1.jpg

You will find Costume Discounters online.  Being able to shop online makes the shopping process  super easy.  I was really thrilled because they had a good variety of women's sized costumes and at great prices too.  The Lucille Ball costume came in a plus size one size fits 16-22w.  This size option sounded like it would work well for me.  I was relieved in the past I have found it difficult to find that size. When my costume arrived  I was glad to see  that it fit and also that the dress has a little bit of stretch to it.

The  I LOVE LUCY costume came with everything.


  • white hair bow
  • red haired wig
  • dress
  • apron
  • hair net
I just needed some red lipstick and shoes.  Talk about easy. I loved that I did all of my costume shopping in one shot and I did not have to make multiple purchases.


Costume Discounters Review photo photo 2_3.jpg


The dress is thinly made which I am really glad about. Even thought it will be late October it is going to be hot in the Bahamas.  I think that I could even use the apron in my kitchen after Halloween. It is really cute and I just love cute aprons.  The red wig is Awesome.  The dress comes just above the knee which I liked . It has a Velcro closure at the top of the neck.  The apron simply ties around your waste.  I probably need to pick up some bobby pins before the cruise to secure the wig a little bit better.  Another great thing about this costume is it does not take up a lot of room. I can easily fold this up and add it to my luggage.


I am really happy with the I Love Lucy costume. I think it was the perfect choice to fit my needs for this trip.  Costume Discounters made the process of finding the perfect cruise costume so simple.  I can not wait to wear it and see what everyone else thinks.  I know its going to be a fun costume for the evening. Now I just need a Desi and Ethel. 

You can like CD on Facebook and keep up to date on the latest costumes this year.

"Living at the Whiteheads Zoo received a complimentary Lucille Ball costume in exchange for an honest review. All opinions shared here are my own."


post signature