Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day in St. Augustine with a Parade!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This weekend I stayed in St. Augustine to enjoy all of the St. Patrick's Day celebrations.  There were quite a few events for the weekend.  I enjoyed some time at the Celtic Music & Heritage festival, dined at some great restaurants,  explored the historic city and a few campgrounds.  To say it in just one word BUSY!  Saturday morning after breakfast we grabbed a sport in front of the beautiful Castillo De San Marcos. If you haven't been to explore this beautiful Florida National Monument we recommend it.  We set up our chairs road side and anxiously waited.

The atmosphere was festive .  There were not as many people out as I expected.  I visited the Christmas Parade and it was plain crazy.  This was a + in  my book. I hate it when it is just to crowd crazy.  The parade began.  It had several gaps in it . The best parts I would say were the bagpipes.  I just love the pipes friends!

St.Augustine St.Patricks Day Parade photo CelticParadeHilights.jpg

I have to say the ghost busters car and the people walking by in ghost buster gear was a FAVORITE of mine too.  And the Star Wars in Kilts is just plain AWESOME ! Who wouldn't love that one.

St. Augustine was a great place to hang out for the weekend and have some St. Patrick's Day fun.  Great places to drop in for some night life. Amazing restaurants to fill your bellies.  And don't forget the beach.  We had a blast and can't wait to do it all again.

post signature