Monday, January 5, 2015

Cream Cheese Taco Roll Ups Recipe


New Year's has come and gone and 2015 is under way. One of the things I said towards the end of last year was that I really needed to stop eating take out every day for lunch or not eating and just take my lunch.  Now I say this often but will I actually follow through with it is very very debatable.  At least a couple of days would be better.  One week we all brought salad fixings and did salads for the week which was a good thought.  After 3 days of salads though we were all over it.  This lead me to foods we like to eat.  One of the places we like to go is Taco Bell and we all like the new taco rolls. Yum !  I was aiming for something like them to fix and freeze .

Mine do not taste a thing like Taco Bell's so do not let that statement fool you.  I'll have to go back to the drawing board for that recipe.  Mine  can be froze and reheat just fine.  So they work okay to take for a left over lunch meal. Oh and did I mention they are quite yummy. One definitely will not do you.

 photo TacoRollups.png
Cream Cheese Taco Roll Ups Recipe 
What you need: 

*canola oil
*burrito shells
*4 ounces of cream cheese
*1/3 cup of sour cream
*3-4 cups shredded cooked chicken
*1/2 cup of salsa
*1/2 cup Mild shredded cheddar cheese or you can use the Mexican blend.

Mix everything together in your mixer except for the burrito shells and Canoloa oil.  Heat Canola oil in your skillet just enough to  fry your burrito rolls ups in.  Try not to get your oil to hot a medium to medium low heat is good . You don't want to burn them up as soon as you drop them in. It takes only a few seconds on each side.

  Spread cream cheese mixture into a burrito.  Roll it up and then fry it turning it to get both sides.

I served mine with a side of sour cream and salsa.  So good! This recipe made 12 large burritos or you could use the smaller shells and roll them tighter and get more.



/ post signature