Saturday, January 3, 2015

5 Reasons Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar is my #1 Restaurant in 2014


One of my favorite things to do is travel.  I love to find new places both close to my home and far away.  What is one of the things you do when you travel? Well eat of course.  We eat out a lot during the year. So, when a place really sticks with you as being good well then that is something.  This past November I went on a media trip to Florida's Space Coast. As a part of the trip we got to try a few of the local favorites.  All of the places we tried were really good and I would definitely enjoy any of them again.  One restaurant though made my list of top places to eat in 2014.  That was Rusty's Seafood and Oyster Bar in Port Canaveral.



 photo IMG_3445.jpg
Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar

5 Reasons I  choose Rusty's as my Top Restaurant Pick of 2014

     photo rustys.jpg
    Rusty's is Family Owned
  1. It's family owned .  The Fisher's opened up in Cocoa Beach in 1948. Rusty Fisher came home from college to help the family business in 1965 . Currently Rusty ans his son Rhett continue the family tradition at Port Canaveral.                                                                                              
  2. The Decor - I love the old photos displayed on the wall. The island  fill to the place you really feel like you are in an old Florida restaurant .  It's just a fun cheery vibe all the way around.


 photo thedecor.jpg
Rusty's Decor offers an authentic Florida feel

3.  The Location - Rusty's is located in the Port. If the weather permits grab an outside seat.  You'll be greeted with a lovely view. And if you time things just right you'll catch some cruise ships passing by.   (628 Glen Cheek Drive Port Canaveral Forida 32920)
 photo rustys3.jpg
The View from Rusty's In the Port 

4.  The food -  I was with a large party of bloggers so I got to sample and see quite a bit of different foods.  Everything was plated lovely and I heard not one person complain.  I tasted several different appetizers and they were all terrific. My favorite was the crab au gratin dip it was AMAZING.  I ordered the fish and chips for my main course. I was shocked by how much fish I received. No way could I finish it. A ton of food.  For dessert I had the key lime pie and it was really good to. The pie is homemade special and you can tell it.  Definitely a must have when you visit. 


 photo RustysSeafoodBIAT.jpg
My favorites at Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar

5.  Affordable - Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar menu prices were quite fair. You get good sized portions for what you pay for as well.

Rusty's Seafood and Oyster Bar was some where that I would be happy to dine with the family , friends (did that) , or all by myself.  It has a great vibe to it and the customer service is fantastic!  

Connect with Rusty's on Social Media: Facebook / Instagram/ Twitter    For more information on the Space Coast check out our Pinterest Board.  There is so much to do in this area.  You might also like our post about Tuckaway Shores a great place to stay while you are here. If you are looking for some family fun check out Kennedy Space Center and the Brevard Zoo.  If you are up to a little wine tasting we recommend East Coast Winery.
Follow Amber Whitehead's board Visit Florida's Space Coast on Pinterest.




post signature