Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Discovering Florida Wines with East Coast Winery

"Living at the Whiteheads Zoo received a complimentary wine tasting and wine as part of a media trip All opinions shared here are my own."

I have discovered that I really do like wine.  Not overboard or anything like that but an occasional glass is very relaxing. Specially on the beach or in a nice bubble bath . It's a great way to end the day on a relaxing not.  I recently had the chance to join some other bloggers at the beautiful Tuckaway Shores Resort and learn more about the Florida Space Coast area.  It was an adventure that I won't soon forget.  As part of the trip East Coast Winery did a wine tasting and introduced the group to Florida wines and beers.  (Thank You East Coast Winery) It was so fun discovering Florida wines and learning more about the winery. 

 photo ECW.jpg
East Coast Winery Melbourne Florida 
827 E.Strawbridge Ave. Melbourne, Florida 32901

The beach and key lime pie are two of my favorite Florida things.  Imagine my delight when I found we were going to taste a key lime wine.  If you like a margarita this wine will be right up your alley.  It is crisp and semisweet but full of flavor. This wine has what I call zing.  And was my absolute favorite!  An FYI for you East Coast Winery ships.  You can pick out a favorite bottle or even a gift basket and have it shipped right to your door.  

 photo WineTestingEastCoastWinery.png
Wine Tasting 
I had no idea that we had so many wines that are grape less in Florida.  There is a large selection of citrus and berry wines.  We sampled a wine that was of Valencia Orange and dark chocolate. This selection was titled Cocoa Beach.  A local Space Coast Favorite.  It is a very smooth wine not a thick chocolate wine.  Surprisingly enough it was not my favorite. I had two top choice the Key Lime and the Hurricane 5 stayed front runners for me. 

The Hurricane Class 5 was a close 2nd for me.  This is a white sangria and a glassful is a  refreshing delight .  This wine is a nice choice for any meal. A Florida State Fair Gold winner as well as several other awards.  This wine is a blend of watermelon, mango, lime, passion fruit and pineapple. Can you say Fantastic? 

Next,  go around I'd really like to try a strawberry wine. Yum Oh!   

 photo EastCoastWinery2.jpg
Wine on The Beach What Could Be Better than That?
Connect with East Coast Winery on Facebook . They share some great stuff and you can let them know if you find something you'd like shipped. Or if you are local pay them a visit.

Here are some other bloggers thoughts about East Coast Winery check out these great reviews at Save More Spend Less with Heidi and It's a Fabulous Life .

Here is post I shared at examiner.com about  Florida Wineries near Jacksonville , Florida.  I'd love it if you visited me there!  Connect with me on Google at  +Living at the Whitehead's Zoo I'd love to see you there. You can also see our latest photos and fun on Instagram

Find out more about our trip here :