Wednesday, September 3, 2014

5 Things I Will Miss About Summer

Summer is my very favorite season.  I love the decorations of fall and the cooler temperatures . I love the holidays in winter but not a fan of the cold.   Spring is fun to but summer is when we have the freedom to do whatever we'd like to . We're not hurried or rushed and can do whatever our hearts desires for as long as they desire it. Summer is when it is hot enough to hit the water .  I'm already missing summer and it has only been out the door a couple of weeks.  Back to school is here and its already sucking the energy out of us. With Doctor appointments and extracurricular activities in the afternoons there are many days we are not home until evening and it is time to simply get ready for the next day.  It's exhausting!

5  Things I Will Miss About Summer

 photo 5things.png
  1. Sleeping in / Staying up late - this is more for me than my kiddos. I am a night owl and not a morning person at all. I could stay up half the night doing random things around the house.  This is me time . Time to watch my TV on Hulu Plus or Netflix and time to play on my computer or reading or doing various DIY projects. 
  2. FREEDOM- not having a schedule or plan really.  We fly by the seat of our pants and if we want to we get up and go somewhere. If we don't want to we can spend the entire day enjoying the air conditioner in our pajamas eating ice cream.  It's a whatever goes kind of time and its fabulous. 
  3. Trips to the Springs -  Exploring Florida is a summer favorite. The last few years we've taken upon ourselves to visit 1 or 2 new Springs each summer.  The kids have a ball cooling off, jumping in and playing and its really neat to find a new swimming hole to love. This summers favorite and maybe our favorite so far is Juniper Springs located in the beautiful Ocala National Forest. 
  4. Beach Days -  beach days are kind of like Springs Trips.  The Beach is my FAVORITE place to be and even in the cooler months I definitely visit and walk along the shoreline letting the salt air and waves heal my soul.  Summer beach days are the best though because you can soak up the sun and then ride the waves. There is something liberating about jumping into a wave with your child.  It's carefree, memorable and just plain happy time.   And in summer you can go and just decide to stay the night because you are having so much fun you just don't want to go back home. 
  5. Family Barbecues- almost every weekend my Dad cranks up the grill and we find ourselves enjoying dinner and the pool. I love having these family dinner times. They seem more care free and relaxing than the holidays.  Did I tell you my Daddy can grill a mean steak.   
A little bird told me there are only 177 more days this school year. When you look at it that way it seems like a new summer of family fun is just around the bend.  Right?  Until then we will just have to slow down to enjoy the next season of fun. 


This blog post was inspired by Mama Kat's Writers Workshop.