Monday, August 25, 2014

Ebates Back To School Back Pack Service Project #GivingBackPack #Ebates

I was provided $25 by our sponsor Ebates to purchase a backpack and school supplies. I was not compensated in any other way for this post. #givingbackpack #ebates

We have been back to school for about two weeks here.  One thing as a teacher and a parent that I hate to see is a child starting the year without things that they need.  Something as simple as a new backpack and school supplies really does help children get off to the right start . I have been fortunate enough to be a part of some great bloggers who pay it forward by giving a child in need a backpack each year. This has taught me so much about giving back and community.  It really feels awesome to help a child in need.

This year I wanted to help both a boy and girl in lower elementary school.  As I was shopping for my own child's school supplies I really tried to pay attention to back to school savings and grab the most for my money.  Now, we live in a very small town so there are not as many shopping options available.  I have found myself doing more and more online shopping with the price of gas it is cheaper than going out of town to find items that we do not have locally.  My son wanted a Jake and The Never land Back pack and lunch box for kindergarten. (my baby started kindergarten).  There was not one to be found locally , but  I found a really cute one on Disney online and used my Ebates to purchase it.  I received 3% cash back . Thank you Ebates.  The entire process was really simple and an Ebates account is Free.  I will definitely be trying to use Ebates more often now.

Ebates provided me with $25 to help a child.  I helped two . This is what I bought :
 photo Back2SchoolGivingBack2.jpg
Backpack 1:

  • 2 boxes of Crayola Crayons (24 count) $1.00
  • 6 glue sticks $1.00
  • 1 pair of Fiskar scissors $ .50
  • 1 pack of 20 #2 pencils $.98
  • 1 pack of washable markers $.75
  • 2 wide ruled spiral notebooks $.40
  • 1 Elmer's liquid glue $.75
  • 2 water color paints $2.00
  • 1 pencil box $.50
  • 1 pack of copy paper $2.50 (our supply list requested this item)
  • 1 back pack $3.50 (scored this deal at Beall's Outlet)

Total:  $13.88

Backpack 2 :

  • Backpack (Free someone donated it to our cause) $0
  • 2 boxes of crayola crayons $1
  • 2 packs of colored pencils $1
  • 3 folders .30
  • 1 frozen folder $1
  • 1 puppy folder $1
  • Dry Erase Markers $5
  •  2 composition books $2
  • 2 wide packs of paper $1
  • High lighters .50
  • erasers .25
Total $13.05

Grand Total:  spent  $26.93 so I went over by $1.93 which I was fine with putting in myself. 

I asked a teacher friend could she help  me locate a family or families who could really use the help.  She told me of one family who had a son who would be beginning kindergarten and a daughter who would be beginning first grade.  Perfect for my quest .  We filled both bags and dropped them off for the kids to have prior to the first day of school.  I left them with each child's new teachers,  so I did not see the reactions .  I was told that they were really happy with them though and I have to say it feels great to do this.  It was not very long ago when I needed the extra help myself.  Luckily, I have a great family who did more than help us through hard times.  Everyone can use a helping hand at some point and time.  

Ebates - Where it Pays to Shop Online. Ebates is the pioneer and leader of online cash back shopping. Ebates pays members cash back every time they shop online as well as provide them with the best coupons and deals online. Founded in 1998, Ebates Inc.'s websites have paid over $250 million in cash to its members. That's why millions of people have joined Ebates. Sign-up Today!

post signature