Monday, July 7, 2014

Loaded Baked Potato Pizza {A Copy Cat Recipe}

Let us talk pizza for a bit.  I am not one who usually ventures out on different types of pizzas. Usually I order the same thing time after time.  The son likes pepperoni , the daughter cheese and myself I like a thin supreme.  A good crust definitely makes a good pizza.  I recently told you about a visit we made to Stevi B's Pizza Buffet and Arcade in Gainesville, Florida.  Stevi B's is the one place that I will try different pizzas simply because I can take one slice and give it a try while still having my handy fall back of a simple supreme.  A risk taker perhaps I am not.  Okay so on our visit there I was introduced to a specialty pizza that Stevi B's features The Loaded Baked Potato Pizza.  It has everything you'd want on a loaded potato of course.  This slice inspired the copy cat Loaded Potato Pizza Recipe we're sharing today.

 photo bakedpotatopizza.jpg 

Loaded Potato Pizza Recipe  (Copy Cat)

  • Ranch Salad Dressing 
  • 1 canned pizza crust (refrigerator section does not matter which section)
  • Mozzarella Cheese 
  • 1 bag of Southern hash brown potatoes (frozen food section the squared ones)
  • Real Bacon Bits or Ground Sausage (optional) 
Here is what you do : 
 photo LoadedPotatoPizza2.jpg

Spread the pizza crust on your baking pan. Preheat oven to temperature on the can.  On top of the crust add your Ranch dressing (this is in place of your pizza sauce).  On top of the sauce add your frozen hash brown potatoes.  Lay them so they are in a single layer.  Next , add your mozzarella cheese and if you like bacon or sausage. Personally I give both of these options a thumbs up.  

Bake for the time it says on the pizza crust directions.  It is different but it is good. 

.  post signature