Monday, June 9, 2014

Simple Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe

Friends it is hot already.  Like 94 today or close to it.  When it heats up outside I prefer to stand in front of a hot steamy stove as little as possible.  It is time for me to put my slow cooker to work to help with this.  I've had several friends tell me they tried slow cooker lasagna which they saw on Pinterest.  It sounded good but honestly I could not imagine how it would turn out but was willing to give it a try.  I however did things my way of course. We're a picky crew so I don't add a lot of the different cheeses and such you'll find in your typical lasagna.  One thing I do love is how versatile a lasagna is.  I can't wait to try this again with some veggies from the garden.  Of course the garden has to grow them first.

To begin with I made a batch of my slow cooker spaghetti sauce.  This is great because it makes a lot.  We ate spaghetti then I used the left over sauce in my slow cooker lasagna the next day.

Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe

 photo slowcookerlasagna.jpg

You Will Need: 

  • batch of slow cooker spaghetti sauce or  your favorite canned sauce
  • lasagna noodles (1 box) 
  • 1 cup of water
  • mozzarella cheese (4 cups)
  • slow cooker
Here's What You Do:

how to make slow cooker lasagna photo slowcookerlasagna2.jpg

  1. Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with sauce. 
  2. Add a layer of lasagna noodles. (don't cook them)
  3. Add a layer of mozzarella shredded cheese. 
  4. Repeat Steps as many times as you like. 
  5. Add 1 cup of water. 
  6. Cook on high for 4 hours. 
Easy Peasy your all done and have a tasty simple lasagna your kids are sure to love. You might also like our recipe for one pot lasagna  . We love anything that can be done in one pot making for an easy clean up.  Or we have a recipe for half beef and half cheese all in one lasagna recipe we think you'd love.  Do you have a favorite pasta recipe share it with us.   I would love to know what your cooking up in your kitchen and maybe I can try it to. 

post signature