5 Tips to Prepare Your Child for College.
- Explore your options, make a list and go visit a few schools. (Make it a family event.)
- Be prepared to pay and pay and pay did I say pay. Yes , tuition , books but before you ever get there it still cost $$$$. That's right. There are all sorts of testing and test fees, clubs that have admission fees, last minute cost you weren't planning on. ALWAYS! Get ready to celebrate when the testing and good grades pay off.
- Be open minded just because you want your child to go to college does not mean that your child shares that dream. They are old enough to explore and navigate their own lives at this point.
- Help them with House Gear: If they are staying in a dorm room keep in mind that they are small. Help your student find gear that will support this life style and be great for them to. (under bed storage, small fridge, microwave) If they are getting their first place off campus help them set up house. A college gift basket filled with laundry detergent, places to eat gift cards, soap, toilet paper, all sorts of household items to help get them started .
- Be patient this is not only a transition for you Mama. Your children are taking huge steps into their future at this point. Keep the door open for them to come home and share. They will.
|Student Nap pods At Savannah College of Art and Design "SCAD"|
One of Miss Madison't top schools on her list was the Savannah College of Art and Design.