Here is what you will need:
- 3 small cans of baked beans or 1 large can (any brand you are going to do some doctoring)
- 1/4 cup of spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4-1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 lb of thick bacon
What to do to make this pan of beans great? Here are some easy guidelines for you.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Then separate your bacon into strips and place it on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and leave it until done. Takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Once you have removed the bacon from the oven drain off the grease and add the bacon only to your large cooking pot.
- Add in your beans and other ingredients and give a great stir.
- Cook on low for about an hour or until nice and thick .
These beans are always a hit with my family. If you are looking for some more side dish recipes or maybe something to throw on the grill visit our Pinterest Boards.
Follow Amber Whitehead's board What's for Dinner? Side dishes on Pinterest.
Follow Amber Whitehead's board What's Grilling? on Pinterest.