Okay readers how fun would it be to make a Leprechaun out of a soda bottle? A better question what is a Leprechaun to look like. We're busy busy this week with Spring Break. I can't believe that is here already but yet again a reminder time flies when you have kids. We have been busy an have a lot going on this week but we're trying to work on some school stuff and craft stuff also. We decided this would be a fun and easy project a soda bottle leprechaun.
- 1 Sprite or other Green Colored 2 Liter Bottle
- Easter Grass (yellow, orange or red)
- Google Eyes (I used 3 one for the nose)
- 1 black marker for the nose
- black card stock or construction paper for ban of hat
- Green felt
- 3 craft sticks
Here are the Easy Steps so you can make a Leprechaun yourself.
- Empty then rinse a 2 liter bottle. Then let it dry.
- Place lid back on bottle.
- Glue on 2 Eyes where you think you'd like thing about 1/3 of the way down the bottle .
- Color 1 Google eye black and glue on under the eyes for the nose.
- Glue on Easter Grass for beard, eyebrows and hair.
- Now make the hat . I was going to use craft foam and I've hid it from myself. I used green felt instead and just cut it into a rectangle shape.
- Then I glued a craft stick across the bottom , top and down the middle to give me something to glue to the bottle and help the hat stand up.
- Glue hat to bottle.
- Now Add a buckle with your craft paper and ban at the bottom of your hat. Glue them on .
That's it you have a cute Leprechaun craft the kids will love. Younger children may need assistance with cutting or gluing depending on the child.
You might these 5 other Soda Bottle Crafts.
- 2 Liter Bottle Snowman
- 2 Liter Bottle Jack-o-lantern
- Repurposed Bottle Flowers
- Recycled Boat Craft
- Chalkboard Planters
Find us on Pinterest at @aawhitehead . We have an entire Soda Bottle Craft Board for you devoted to the unique ideas and craftiness for all to enjoy!