Friday, February 7, 2014

Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

This is one of them last minute throw together meals for me.  It's Friday It has been a LONG and I do mean long exhausting week.  Tacos are always a crowd pleaser with my family. Being Fast &  Easy makes it a crowd pleaser with this Mom.  I love my slow cooker and use it whenever possible.  The other day I had three slow cookers going at once . Why? I had three meals for the week and in just a few hours my cooking was finished for the week.  It was nice to have it all finished at once.  Today I am sharing an Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco recipe.

How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos.

We like soft tacos. You can definitely change it up and use hard tacos or use this meat on salad. It is really good on  a taco salad.  
 photo chickentaco.jpg

Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make these. 
  • shredded chicken breast (2 -3 breast)
  • 1 package taco seasoning 
  • 4-5 Tbsp water
  • 1/4 cup  taco sauce 
  • soft or hard taco shells (your choice) 
 photo chickentaco2.jpg

To make these first you need to cook your chicken breast. Add it to your slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours . You can then remove it and shred it with a fork or your mixer.  You can add the chicken to your slow cooker frozen just remember to drain off any water from the cooking before you add the rest of your ingredients back in.

 photo chickentaco3.jpg

Now that you've cooked and shredded your chicken add the chicken back in to your slow cooker.  Mix in 1 package of taco seasoning and your water and give it a good stir. Then add your taco sauce.  Let this cook on low for an hour you can leave it longer but at least an hour and your ready to serve.  My kids like just cheese on theirs.  I like tomato , onion and sour cream.  Whatever fixings your family likes. I add the chicken and cheese to the taco shells and bake in a 350 oven for 5-7 minutes until my cheese gets nice and bubbly.  You can always skip that step , but I think it makes them so much better.
Enjoy!  Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe?  Share it with us today. You might also like to try our recipe for Taco Fries or Taco Bake.  
post signature