Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
The great thing about a pot of soup is you can usually omit and substitute just fine. I for instance do not like corn so when a recipe calls for that I usually find something that will work in this place.
Items You will Need:
- slow cooker
- knife for peeling and chopping potatoes
- cam opener
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- 3-4 Idaho potatoes peeled and diced (see photo)
- 2 -15 ounce cans of mixed vegetables or one large can
- 1 -15 ounce can of green beans drained
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (15 ounce cans)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a teaspoon of sugar
- and my secret ingredient one can of tomato soup (10.75 ounce)
What you Need to do:
- Brown your ground beef and drain off the grease. Add it to your slow cooker .
- Wash, peel and dice your potatoes. Add them to your slow cooker. We like a lot of potatoes. You can use fewer if you do not. Or if you don't like use fresh you can use canned.
- Drain and rinse your mixed vegetables and Green Beans. Add them to your slow cooker.
- Add your tomatoes and tomato soup to slow cooker.
- Now add your salt , pepper and sugar.
- Give a good stir and close up your slow cooker.
Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.
This soup will warm you down to your toes and is so good. I like to eat this with hot bread and butter. You might also like our Cheaters Brunswick Stew Recipe or Sausage Stew. Do you have a favorite soup recipe?