Monday, January 27, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Dinner Recipe

Comfort food at its best.  I correlate chicken noodle soup and chicken noodles with being sick. My mom always broke out a can of Campbell's when we were under the weather. What goes with chicken noodle soup in my kitchen?  A big fat grilled cheese sandwich of course.  I mean don't they just go hand in hand in your kitchen too?   Today we're going to whip up a comforting, delicious slow cooker chicken noodle dinner. I actually put it on planning on doing soup and then changed my mind half way through. They start out the same both with chicken and all.   It will fill you up,  it is warm and it is sure to comfort. Enjoy!

What do you need?  First and Most important you need a slow cooker.  Now that we've gotten that little bit of necessity out of the way lets get down to business.

     photo chickennoodles.jpg

    • 1-2 boneless chicken breast cooked and shredded ( If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer I just learned this handy tip on how to shred chicken  from This and That with Olivia.  I'm using chicken breast from Zaycon Foods.  

  • 1 Box of Chicken Stock + 1 to 2 cups of water
  • 2-3 carrots sliced (I like mine in circles) optional
  • 1 bag of wide egg noodles
  • salt and pepper 
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1 celery stick chopped (optional)
  • 2 can of cream of chicken soup

I had prepared chicken before hand , shredded it and added it to  my freezer for days like this.  If you do not have chicken prepared already you can add your chicken breast to the slow cooker , cover with water and cook on low for about 4 hours.

I added the above ingredients to my slow cooker.  I then turned it on and let it do its job for two hours or so.  Isn't that loveliness of using a crock pot putting it on and forgetting about it?  If your using precooked chicken you just want it to cook long enough to cook your needs and give it a ll a good fresh taste.

 post signature