How to make photo magnets from jar lids:
Materials you will need:
- jar lid you can use any size
- paint I used apple barrel acrylic in aqua blue
- paint brush
- modge podge
- magnet strips
- hot glue (I don't let the kids use hot glue so I did this part)
- a large circle punch or you can just cut it to the size of the lid with your scissors
Steps to Make Magnets:
1. Gather your materials
2. Paint your Jar Lids
3. Cut out the photos you chose to fit the front of the jar lid Set aside and let the paint dry completely.
4. Modge Podge the photo to your jar lid. Put Modge Podge on the back and front of the photo. Set aside and let dry completely.
5. Plug in your hot glue gun . When it has heated up glue your magnet strips to the back of the jar lid.
6. Add any stickers or decorations you'd like to the front. I added a sticker that said "still my little girl" on the front of this one.
Hang them to your fridge or package them up for a gift. They're all done at this point. I want to make some more with wide mouth lids and black and white photos of all the kids . I like the way they turned out. What about you ?