Saturday, December 21, 2013

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Recipe

 Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies made our holiday baking list this year.  I've never had a red velvet cookie until making these so I can't tell you how they compare to others.  I can tell you they are delicious, easy to make and I love the way they crinkle.  I think the "red" coloring makes them just perfect for the holidays.  Even better they are made from a cake mix.

 photo RedVelvetCookies.jpg

How to Make Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

***You Will Need ***

  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of corn starch
  • 1 box of Duncan Hines signature Red Velvet cake mix
  • 2 large eggs
This recipe has been slightly adapted from the one on the Duncan Hines cake box.  The DH recipe calls for lemon zest which we omitted. It also does the mixing slightly different.   

Preheat your oven to 375.  

Mix cake mix , butter, eggs in a large mixing bowl.  I used my kitchen aid mixer until dough forms.  This mix is really sticky.  Add in 1 teaspoon of corn starch. 

Form dough into one inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.  Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 9-11 minutes. 

Looking for other cookies to make.  You might like our Best Chocolate Chip cookies or some of these tasty Nutella Cookies.  The bright pink or our strawberry cookies are awesome for the holidays.  They are also  made with a cake mix.  If you haven't noticed a pattern I love recipes that are semi homemade with that extra helpful boost of a cake mix.  

post signature