Top 10 Snail Facts
Buckle up for Turbo, is on DVD and Blu-ray now!
Enter our giveaway and you could Win a copy on DVD.
Start your November engines with this hilarious, heartfelt comedy-adventure! Turbo, a four-star family film, tells the courageous story of a little snail with the big dreams of becoming a racecar. Despite the discouragement he receives from his peers, Turbo knows what he is capable of. With amazingly creative celebrity performances by Ryan Reynolds, Snoop Dog, Samuel L. Jackson and Maya Rudolph, this film is nothing short of incredible! Zoom into stores on November 12 to pick up your copy for the holiday season!
To help you prepare a lesson for the kiddos, we’ve compiled a list of some fun snail facts so you can understand the ins and outs of Turbo and his gang!
1. Salt is a snail’s biggest enemy! In the film, Chet falls down the stadium and just barely makes it through the center of a pretzel! He was so relieved he didn’t touch it, because salt can kill a snail, so they have to be careful!
2. It would take a snail 2 hours to move from one side of a football field to the other. That’s 50 yards per hour. If you ran your fastest, it would only take about 20 seconds!
3. Some snails can be as big as 12 inches. Can you imagine a snail the size of a ruler?
6. Snails can live to be up to 20 years old!
7. Snails are nocturnal, that means they sleep during the day and get their work done at night and in the morning. No wonder Turbo could stay up all night watching Race car videos!
8. A garden snail can have as many as 430 baby snails in a year!
10. When a snail moves, it leaves behind a trail of liquid slime. This mucus protects them from the hard surfaces underneath them. Snails are able to hang onto walls and move upside down thanks to this slime!
We hope you enjoyed our post about snails and maybe leaned something too.