Monday, October 14, 2013

Homemade Potato Chip Recipe

We recently had a school project. Mama's don't you just love those?  For this particular project my son had to do a research paper, present the class with a model and do an oral presentation.  We did the history of the potato chip.  For our model we did bags of homemade chips for his entire class plus the teacher.  I'm guessing the teacher was not overly impressed by our chips because on the info sheet for our next project he wrote NO Food.  Oops.  But i'm here to tell you the chips were very tasty.  He should have been saying can you bring me another bag please. Just saying!  My son said the kids liked them a lot!   That would be why I'm sharing our Homemade Potato Chip Recipe even though the teacher didn't seem to love them.

 Now for a rant on school projects...This Mama HATES school projects.  Their I said it the cats out of the bag.  Want to torture me assign my kid a science project.   We are in public school my kids have had a science project to do every year since the fourth grade one is a senior in high school and one a sophomore.  They say "Mom I have to do a science project" and I want to run for my dear life.  They aren't fun or even a learning experience for us. It's more like me constantly nagging don't leave your science project until last minute.  Me buying endless supplies needed for that project.  Now I know some of you will say heck yeah give my child a science project they're great. Let us just agree to disagree.  I feel like saying dear Teachers please cut out the torture of parents and eliminate the science project.   Please!  And some of our worst projects the ones that we did the night before because someone didn't listen to MOM and waited until last minute those have went on to get picked as regional winners where others that have worked on for days not so much. Its Crazy!  A headache for all involved now I'll end the rant. 

Potato Chip Recipe photo potatochips.jpg

You Will Need: 

  • potatoes
  • salt
  • butter (melted)
  • baking sheet

Here's what you do:

  • Preheat your oven to 500 degrees
  • Wash, Peel then slice your potatoes super thin. As thin as possible.  I tried to cut mine into circles like chips.  
  • Lay them flat on a cookie sheet 
  • Sprinkle with salt
  • Then brush each chip with melted butter 
  •  photo photo2-1.jpg
  • Put in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are browned 
  •  photo photo5.jpg
  • Remove and salt again
That's it you have a tasty homemade snack!