Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Lone Ranger Movie Review Sponsored #TheLoneRanger


This week I got to head in to the big city of Jacksonville and visit the Cinemark Tinseltown theater and preview Disney's The Lone Ranger.  I've been extremely excited about the release of The Lone Ranger because I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp.  Out of all of the theaters I've had a chance to review in Tinseltown is by far one of my favorites.  The theater was packed and had a great turn out for the movie.  Now that I've mentioned I'm a fan of this theater vs. some of the others in the area lets talk about the movie.

The stunts and action scenes were fantastic. Personally I enjoyed the scenery and imagery through out the film. Some breathtaking views for sure .smile  Johnny Depp brought his Pirates of the Caribbean humor to the table . That was just the type I was hoping for.  Sexy as ever his make up and character were so good you might not have recognized him had you not known ahead of time. Personally, I did not think this was a movie my kids would love.  Adults yes but kids not mine anyway. The theater was packed and many people had brought their children however, and as far as I could tell they all left happy campers.

image005From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ “The Lone Ranger,” a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes.  Native American warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.

The Lone Ranger” also stars Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, Barry Pepper, James Badge Dale, Ruth Wilson and Helena Bonham Carter.

A Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films presentation, “The Lone Ranger” is directed by Gore Verbinski and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Gore Verbinski, with screen story by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Justin Haythe and screenplay by Justin Haythe and Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio. “The Lone Ranger” releases in U.S. theaters on July 3, 2013

Here is another quick clip for you!  See how good Johnny D. is looking.

I can't really tell you if the story sticks to the original version. I can tell you that this one I very much enjoyed. Just an FYI when the credits roll that's really that. You can head on out of the theater. We stuck around a few minutes thinking there might  would be outtakes. Not the case.  I thought it was a great movie and I would recommend it for you Mamas or those of you with older children!

Living at the Whitehead's Zoo received complimentary  movie tickets in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are 100% my own and may be different from your own.