Monday, July 15, 2013

Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe

We made homemade pop tarts for breakfast . Super easy and what I like best only 2 ingredients.
I made strawberry but you could use any kind of jam and they would be good. I think apple would be so good. My kids prefer strawberry though so that's what we made.

Homemade Pop Tart Recipe

Ingredients: 

pre-made pie crust 
jam 
pop tart ingredients photo IMG_9229.jpg
It doesn't take 2 jars of jam we just happened to have only a few spoons in each jar left. Don't know
how that happens having more than 1 jar open. Must be the kids =)

What to do: 

They are super easy and you don't even have to add icing (all though you could). My kids eat them right up without it.  Roll out your pre made pie crust and cut into rectangle pieces.

pie crust rolled out photo IMG_9230.jpg  You can cut them down to the size that you want. This large piece made 4-5 pop tarts for me.  Then add 1 -2 teaspoons of your jam and spread down one side of the rectangle.
add your jam photo IMG_9232.jpg

Then fold your dough over and press the edges sealing them good . Take your fork and make pretty criss cross patterns.
pop tart ready for the oven photo IMG_9233.jpg Now they are ready for the oven. Hopefully you preheated it to 350 since I forgot to mention that earlier on.  Preheat your oven to 350. Place your pop tarts on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes depending on your oven.  They should come out browned and flaky. Like this..Out and tasty! photo IMG_9234.jpg.I didn't get a picture of one cut open . Guess we were to busy eating them.  Let me tell you the jam gets warm and the crust is flaky .  These are so good!