Monday, June 10, 2013

Sausage Stew Recipe!

This recipe was a hit with the men in my life. My Dad and J.  The kids weren't fans but hey in my opinion they should have been. They all just wear picky pants.  This stew has some kick to it, its hearty and will stick to your bones. Mostly its just mmm mmm good!

RECIPE INGREDIENTS

 photo sausagestew2.jpg
  • Italian link sausage removed from casing
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • salt and pepper
 photo sausagestew1.jpg

Begin with stirring the sausage around until it is fully browned.
Then brown your sausage then remove it from the pan. 
Add in your veggies and stir fry them 3-5 minutes until done.  
Add sausage back in and add one can of diced tomatoes.
Add a small amount of water if necessary.  Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or so.

Time to head home and enjoy it. I liked mine served over a bed of rice.

Find more great recipes on our Recipe page or Check out our great food boards on Pinterest. I have a ton!  Have a great recipe you want to share? Tell me about it in the comments or share it on my facebook page . We'd love to see what you are cooking !



post signature