Friday, June 28, 2013

Coppertone's Great American Summer #CoppertoneWaterMom #sponsored

Summer is officially here!  This year Coppertone is celebrating the Great American Summer and all the fun that goes with it.  I have to say I'm in love with the American summer. Road trips, Barbecues and just having fun with the kids.  Summer is one of my favorite times! It's a time where we spend most of our days outdoors soaking up the sun and playing in the water.

 photo coppertone.jpg  Let's remember to use our sunscreen.  Sun protection is really something I feel very strongly about.  Did you know that it takes only one blistering sunburn in childhood to increase the chance of developing skin cancer later in life? Just one.  As Mamas I think its our responsibility to pay attention and make sure our children and families are well protected when outdoors.  It only takes a few extra seconds so please remember your sunscreen.   This Coppertone Water Mom uses her Coppertone and has done so  for many years even before becoming a Water Mom.  Coppertone is a brand I can tell you does not let me down.  I feel good knowing that my kids are lathered up , having a fun time and protected by Coppertone.

 coppertone

Now let me tell you about one of the products I received in my Water Mom kit that I truly can't imagine my summer without now that I have used it.  That is the sunblock sticks.  These things are truly so handy and easy to apply to the jumping up and down kid who is in a hurry to get to the water and thinks your being way to slow. Perfect for the face area and keeping the sum block out of the eyes. Whew! I love it.

The Water Babies stick features:

  • spf 55
  • fragrance free
  • portable
  • hypoallergenic
  • water resistant (about 80 minutes)
  • Photostable, broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
  • Designed to provide spot protection for exposed areas such as ears, nose and face
  • #1 Pediatrician recommended
The Coppertone Kids stick features: 




  • Designed to provide spot protection for exposed areas such as ears, nose and face
  • SPF 55
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • Fragrance Free
  • hypoallergenic
  • portable
  • dermatologist tested
  • Photostable, broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection


  • We're wishing you a fun American summer! Here is a great recipe for Summertime Strawberry Lemonade. What says cool off on a hot summers day like a good glass of Lemonade?

     photo strawberrylemonaderecipe.jpg 

    Ingredients: 

    1 liter lemonade
    1 cup of strawberries sliced or 1 cup of rasphberries
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 cups water
    Ice

    Directions: 

    Here is what you do. Combine slice strawberries or rashberries and sugar in a bowl.  Using a fork mash the berries into the sugar leaving some large chunks.  Chill for 1 hour.  In a large pitcher, combine the berry mixture, the lemonade and the water and stir.  Add ice and then serve! 

    As a member of Coppertone Water Moms Group I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. NO monetary compensation has taken place and all opinions expressed here are my my own and reflect my experiences with Coppertone. Your experiences may be different ones.   Thanks