Monday, May 13, 2013

Smothered Pork Chops Recipe

I feel like with my picky gang we get in such a rut. I try not to when I create my meal plan but hey it happens.  This recipe was inspired by Paula Deen .  Sometimes , I love her recipes and sometimes not so much. This one was a winner in my book! It is super EASY and I found it to be quite YUMMY too!

First things first here is a list of ingredients your going to need.

INGREDIENTS: 

  • Pork Chops (I like my chops thin and boneless ) 
  • butter
  • Bell peppers 2
  • yellow onions 2 
  • garlic 
  • chicken broth
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • ap flour
smothered porkchops recipe photo IMG_8297a.jpg

After lightly flouring your pork chops place them in your pan with 1-2 tablespoons and fry them up.

Remove from pan and add chopped bell pepper, onion, and garlic.


smothered pork chops recipe photo IMG_8298a.jpgAdd your chops back in once peppers and onions have simmered down. Salt and pepper to taste.  The add 1 14 ounce can of chicken broth and 1/4 can of water.  Add a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Mix well.


smothered pork chops recipe photo IMG_8299a.jpg


OK by now everything is smelling really delicious. Cover your pot and let it cook on med-low heat for about 30-40 minutes.
 photo IMG_8300a.jpg


Looks almost to good to eat doesn't it.  Looking for other amazing recipes?  Then take a look in at our recipe page.  Looking for menus visit our menu page.


smothered pork chops recipe photo IMG_8304a.jpg





post signature