Monday, May 20, 2013

Easy Oreo Frosting Recipe!

Are you all the time on the lookout for a new recipe or new treat to try? We have a new icing for you to give a taste test.  The kiddos vote this yummy and Mama does too! Plus it was super easy to whip up when I didn't have any store bought icing on hand. Whew cupcakes saved.

Oreo Buttercream Frosting photo IMG_8370a.jpg

Ingredients You Will Need: 

(for one batch of frosting)

  • 2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used the regular but you can use the clear)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup room temp. butter
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • chopped Oreos I used two individual bags of the mini Oreos and the mixer was able to chop them right up for me. 
Add your butter and sugar and cream them together.  Then I just begin dumping everything else. Don't whip it to long or it will get to thin.  I actually chilled mine for about an hour before icing the cupcakes. 

post signature