When you have kids there is no such thing as mess free. Spills and accidents are going to happen at some point. With three kids and a ten year age gap between our middle and youngest sons we have had our fair share. One thing I have learned as a Mama is you take it as it comes .
Here are a few easy tips for rug cleaning . After a major spill or accident just remember this to shall pass.
To clean up a spill or stain try to:
- Try to clean the spill or mess up immediately.
- Blot the spot with a towel to absorb the moisture. Do not rub it in .
- You should always put the cleaner on the cloth first do not pour it directly on the rug.
- If it is something that causes a stain there are several things to try. You can use a cleaning product from the store, you can try a mixture of dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide or a mild detergent and water mix. If it is a stain with odor sprinkle with baking soda .
- Once you have worked out the stain and finished clean up it is important to dry the rug. A fan is great to help this or if you can remove the rug you can take it outdoors to air dry in the sun.
Every Day Rug Care tips:
- you should vacuum twice weekly being sure to get up all of the loose dirt and pet hair when you do
- If it is a throw or area rug occasionally take it outside and give it a good old fashioned “rug beating”
These are a few of the tips and tricks I have learned along the way. If you have a great method of removing a stain or spot I’d love to hear about it. Tell me in a comment below.
disclosure: This is a sponsored post, Living At The Whitehead's Zoo is being paid to share this with you today. Regardless this post is written by me with my own ideas and opinions.