Monday, March 25, 2013

Oatmeal Berry Berry Bake Recipe

Berry Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Recipe

This baked oatmeal is super easy to make and makes a delicious hot breakfast.  I make mine the night before and then reheat it in the microwave as needed. I also like to add some butter and milk to it when I warm up as a final touch.  You can eat these as a breakfast bar also they were definitely thick enough. I prefer them with the milk and butter though! 

We were inspired by Lynn's Kitchen Adventures Blueberry Baked Oatmeal.  I really wanted to give the recipe a try and I actually thought I had blueberries when I began.  I was wrong. Then I was out of another key ingredient yogurt.   I was really wanting to try them though so we just made a few changes.  I substituted the sour cream and we used Newman's Berry Berry Blend for the fruit. 

  Oatmeal Breakfast Bake photo BreakfastBake.jpg

What You Need: 

  • 3 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4- 1 cup Berry Berry blend 
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
  3. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. 
  4. We like ours with milk and butter. Reheats in the microwave great and makes a ton!  

post signature