Berry Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Recipe
This baked oatmeal is super easy to make and makes a delicious hot breakfast. I make mine the night before and then reheat it in the microwave as needed. I also like to add some butter and milk to it when I warm up as a final touch. You can eat these as a breakfast bar also they were definitely thick enough. I prefer them with the milk and butter though!
We were inspired by Lynn's Kitchen Adventures Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. I really wanted to give the recipe a try and I actually thought I had blueberries when I began. I was wrong. Then I was out of another key ingredient yogurt. I was really wanting to try them though so we just made a few changes. I substituted the sour cream and we used Newman's Berry Berry Blend for the fruit.
What You Need:
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4- 1 cup Berry Berry blend
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- We like ours with milk and butter. Reheats in the microwave great and makes a ton!