Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Cherry Kool-Aid Cupcakes #Recipe

KoolAidCupcakesHi friends.  Are you guys ready for Valentine's Day?  We made these delicious and I mean delicious this Mom ate way to many Kool-Aid cupcakes for C's preschool class last week. They were a huge hit Mr.picky pants even ate 2. Yeah for Mom plus he really liked that everyone clapped for him for bringing cupcakes.  We'll be doing these again I can't wait to play with the flavors. Maybe lime for St.Patty's day?

How did I find out about these yummy wonders?  You all know I love my Bachelor.  I discovered that Mr.Sean has a sister who blogs over at Mix and Match Mama and had to check her out.  I was quite happy with the blog and can't wait to visit often for both Bachelor updates and yummy recipes.

Here Is What We Used: 


CAM01328


  • 2 packs of Cherry Kool-Aid
  • 1 box of Traditional Vanilla cake mix 
  • eggs , water and oil as your cake mix requires
  • 1 cream cheese icing 
  • cupcake liners

Here Is What You Do: 



CAM01330

You guys see I'm using my new KitchenAid Mixer. I really love my mixer I have no idea how I ever lived without this baby.   Look how pink the batter is and it smells so good too!


  • Mix your cake mix as directed on the box
  • Add 2 packs of Kool-Aid 
  • Mix Well and then pour into your cupcake liners. 
  • Bake as directed on the back of that box.  
  • Let them cool down completely please.  
  • CAM01335Aren't they so pretty I love the bright dark pink color they turned out! And again they smell so good .
  • Then ice them. with your cream cheese frosting. 
Now don't eat to many !  These are so good.  

Cherry Kool-Aid CupcakesI think my child is right. It is hard to eat just one of these.  And oh the possibilities. I'm so excited about all of the different combinations I can create if I want too.

CAM01338 (1)I added conversation hearts on top to make them more Valentine like.  I'm not a huge fan of conversation hearts. The kids like them though and they add a cute holiday touch. Plus they are easy!




post signature