Saturday, February 2, 2013

Children's Books On Our Shelf! This Weeks #Review

We love children's books.  Here are a few that have been on our shelf this month and our thoughts on them.  Have you read any great children's books lately?  Anything new?  We want to hear about them leave us a comment.  With it being Groundhog Day  I thought it was a great time to tell you about Groundhog Gets A Say.


Groundhog Gets a SayGroundhog Gets a Say by Pamela Curtis Swallow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think this book is probably fantastic for older children. It was a bit LONG and a lot wordy for us (age 4) . However, I can see where the information would be wonderful to share in a classroom setting when studying groundhogs. It is also great to just sit and talk about and not try to read everything with the younger child which is what we did. We used it more as a point and discuss book and that worked for us. Lots of good information and illustrations!


View all my reviews I'm Fast!I'm Fast! by Kate McMullan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't Love it but my son who is 4 absolutely does. He has asked to read it over and over even sharing it with Nana.

A cute little train engine and fast red car decide to race to Chicago. It does have all kinds of fun vocabulary and the train is even hauling ice cream and pizza. Which gives the littles plenty to think about. The train ends up winning but instead of being a show off he gives Little red a ride back.

View all my reviews Mouse Practice by Emily Arnold McCully
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Baseball...of course we love to find books about baseball. My older boys are huge into ball and so little Mr. loves anything he can do , find, or study on the subject. Mom loves this story too!

Mouse practice is about a small little mouse who gets asked to play with the big kids but just is no good. They tell him when he grows up come back and he can play. Little mouse goes home and practices. Mom and Dad try to help but they aren't any good at ball either. He doesn't give up though he finds ways like tying a ball to the tree, and throwing tennis balls at a target and Little Mouse gets good! He goes and shows the big kids HE CAN play ball! Way to go Little Mouse!!

View all my review

Do you have any suggestions for us?  I want to find some great Little Pig books to read. My little loves the Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf!

s post signature