Monday, January 14, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe With A Cake Mix

I love baking cookies.  There are so many different recipes around , I am sure I could try a recipe a day and never run out.  My family has very different taste when it comes to cookies though.  The one cookie that all of the Whitehead 5 will eat is a good fresh baked chocolate chip cookie.

I've been looking for that perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe for quite some time. I decided to take my hunt on Pinterest. Where I found a ton of pins for this one cookie the cake batter chocolate chip cookie.  So, I visited a few of the post like this one from Sally's Baking Addiction.   I decided to give them a try.  I had to omit sprinkles though.  The Whitehead kids won't touch a thing with sprinkles.  I know strange ones aren't they.  Personally, I think sprinkles are pretty and fantastic.  However, I'm out voted by 4, so no sprinkles in this house.

Here we go! I'm happy to say that the Zoo Crew votes these the best Chocolate Chips ever. They ask for them all of the time.  I try to make some up each week and keep in the fridge for them to make a little at a time. Or at least have a bag or two in my freezer.



Chocchipcookie

What You Need:

  • 1 and 1/3 cups AP Flour
  • 1 and 1/4 Cups Either Yellow Or White Cake Mix
  • 3/4 cups of butter melted
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg 
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (you can do 1/2 c. white and 1/2 cup chocolate ) 
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda

What To Do: 

  • Mix everything, I don't do it in special order. I just dump it all in and Mix and they turn out! 
  • cookiebatterIt makes a pretty batter.  My family prefers more white chocolate chips vs. dark so I do more like 3/4 c. White and 1/4 c. dark. You can also do just white or just chocolate and that works too . What ever your preference. 
  • Refrigerate Dough at Least one hour
  • Preheat Oven to 350
  • Scoop dough onto greased cookie sheet and bake until brown or 11-13 minutes. 
momTip
Mom Tip: These Freeze Well.  Spoon them into an ice tray , let freeze and then pop out and put in labeled zip lock bags for the kids. They can pull them out and make them as wanted.
In our house they don't last long!







Looking for more cookie recipes? Visit our Cookies Pinterest Board!



Thanks,

post signature