Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snowman Jar Lid Ornaments

PhotobucketSo I originally saw these cute ornaments at the Red Ted Art's Ornament Challenge . They were linked up by Inspired by Family Magazine and I immediately new I wanted to recreate them.  I have since found several variations on Pinterest .  Each time I see them they make me smile. That's how cute I think they are.  I love fun and easy projects I can recreate with my three year old. This is definitely an easy project to do with children.   There is a Free Pattern that can be used at FreePatterns.com.  We didn't find it at all necessary to use one though.

We also made toilet paper roll snowmen while making these. C really got into rolling the tp. roll in the paint.  He however threw our snowman into a sink of dish water before I snagged a photo. (boohoo)

Materials we used for Jar Lid Ornaments:

Mason Jar lids (1 pack makes 12)
baby socks (I had a lot of these in a get rid of box)
black sharpie
orange felt
white paint

What we did: 

I squirted some white paint out and let C. go to town painting the jar lids.  After the lids dried completely I hot glued the socks on tied with a ribbon and snipped the top off with scissors. Then drew on a face and glued on the nose.  Easy Easy and Super Cute !  Also, be sure you take the sharpie and write the year and child's name on the back so you have a keepsake.

PhotobucketWe hung some on the tree gave a few away and we're going to use them for tags on our teacher gifts.

Have you made any cute Christmas ornaments or crafts this season? Leave us the link below we'd love to check them out.

post signature