Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Family Favorite Mom's Lemon Cake #Recipe

Photobucket

This week  I was in the mood for Mom's sticky, tangy, yummy lemon cake.  This cake always reminds me of my brother who would request this often.  I had to smile as I cut a slice. 

Moms Recipe:

1 lemon cake mix
1 box of lemon instant pudding 

Mix them and pour into a bundt pan. Bake as directed on the box. 

Glaze: 

1 can frozen lemonade
2 cups powdered sugar 

About 5 minutes before the cake is due to come out remove it from the oven and poke holes all in it.
Then drizzle about 1/2 the glaze all over it letting it run down into the holes.  Place back in the oven.
Once done remove from oven and tip it out onto a plate.  Drizzle more glaze over the top.  

That is it!  

Now what I did:  

I really wanted this cake and of course our Walmart had no lemon cake mixes.  Can you believe that?  I substituted a white cake mix, added the lemon pudding and in place of the water requested in the directions used lemonade concentrate. It worked=)   


.