Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chris Mann "Roads" Album Review

PhotobucketI've been listening to the Chris Mann "Roads" album this week.   I am not a music expert by any means , I like what I like .  Did I like every song on the album.  To be completely honest NO , but I rarely do. Are there some amazing songs on the album.  To be completely honest YES!

Some of you may remember Chris Mann from this time last year on the NBC show "The Voice".  Now a year later he is signed with Faircraft/Universal Republic a new label formed by renowned producer Ron Fair .

Roads boasts a wildly eclectic assortment of songs ranging from Willie Nelsons "Always on My Mind" and Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" to "Ave Maria" and Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter " with the latter featuring a special guest from Aguilera.

I think this album has a little something for everyone. " I Need You Now" was the first song that I absolutely loved on the album .  Mann has a warm twangy voice that I think will reach many.  The more I listen the more I like.  A classical pop vocalist you feel like your stepping back in time  listening to a peaceful melody, at the same time something new and fresh.

Some more of my top picks from the album:

Unless You Mean It
Viva Las Vida

The albums centerpiece My Way a song written about a young man looking forward  in life.  The song was tweaked by Paul Anka with Chris in mind. The "Blower's Daughter" is a soulful song that Mann sings with Christina Aguilera.  I love the combined talent here.  They make a good team for sure . The voices are strong and uplifting.  One that I don't mind hitting repeat on and listening again and again.

Roads can be purchased at iTunes and Amazon.  I encourage you to pick it up for yourself.  I know I'm really enjoying my album and looking forward to some jamming out while holiday shopping.

Follow Chris Mann on :


disclosure:  This is a review post from One2One Network. I was provided with a copy of the album and I am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated are my own.”