Monday, September 17, 2012

This Week We're Cooking? #MealPlanMonday & #RECIPE

PhotobucketSeptember Menu week of 9-16 to 9-24 
16. Homemade Veggie soup/ sandwiches
17. Spaghetti & Meatballs / bread stick twist
18. 7 up chicken / pasta salad
19. Hamburgers / oven fries
20. Cajun Steak over Rice
21. Baked Ziti
 22. Chicken Enchiladas
23. Sausage /Veggie bake
24. Chili / corn muffins

One Pot  LASAGNA RECIPE - One Pot  lasagna is so easy you can have it cooked up in about half an hour.  I just use a regular pot most of the time. You can use a skillet , 2 pots whatever works for you in your kitchen. I figure one pot makes less dishes for later (right?).


You Will Need: 

  • ground beef (I use about .5 lb my family doesn't like it real meaty)
  • spices (salt 1/8 tsp, black pepper 1/8 tsp. Italian Seasoning 1/2 T,garlic powder 1/4 T. , Sugar 1/2 T)
  • Sour Cream 3 T.
  • Mozzarella Cheese (2 cups)
  • noodles (you can use whatever you fancy I look for whats on sale) 
  • bell pepper (optional)
  • mushrooms (optional)
  • onion (optional)
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or you can use tomato sauce just increase your spices and add a can of diced tomatoes as well).  
I love onion and bell pepper so you will see in my recipes I often add them in.  My husband loves mushrooms (yuck).  Sometimes, when I'm feeling the "Good wife" role I'll add them in for him and pick them out for me.  Whatever you like throw it in there leave it out. 

  • Brown your ground beef, if you are adding green pepper, onion or mushrooms do it now. You can also add garlic if you'd like now. 
  • Drain your beef and leave it setting in strainer
  • Rinse your pot . Add in your noodles with water and salt and bring to a boil.  Cook until done. 
  • Drain them. You can pour it right over your ground beef if you like your going to be missing everything up anyways. 
  • Add both back into your pot and mix in spices.
  • Mix in spaghetti sauce or tomato mixture whichever you are using
  • Let cook a few minutes to heat up you want your heat at about Medium. 
  • Now add your sour cream and cheese.  Give it a couple of good stirs and let your cheese get all melty.  
Dinners Ready.  Serve with a salad and bread sticks!