Are you looking for a creative and fun way to spend the afternoon? We made animal themed puppets. These 4 critters were really easy to create from paper bags and felt. No pattern required just some creative kids and their Moms.
- paper bags
- felt (I picked up all of the cute felt shown above at Hobby Lobby)
- google eyes (we used the x-large one)
- curly ribbon
Not to bad. I already had everything in the craft cabinet so it worked out great for us to throw these together .
STEPS for Zebra:
- wrap one piece of zebra felt around bag and glue down
- Add eyes
- Draw on mouth
- Add ears with curly ribbon
- Add tail with curly ribbon
Steps for Tiger, Giraffe, and Cheetah:
- cut circles or lines from felt and glue on bag in whatever pattern desired
- add eyes (glue on)
- add ears
- draw on faces with marker
Have you made a puppet or put on a show? Share a link or head on over to our facebook page and share a photo we'd love to see them!
Have you learned through play this week? Join us at the Learn Through Play Linky!