September Monthly Menu
1. Pulled pork, Texas toast, mac and cheese, fries (Birthday Boys favorites)
2. Steak Fajitas
3. Philly Cheese Steaks
4. Crock Pot taco pork chops (new)brocolli, corn and baked potato
5. Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff / mashed potaotes/ green beans / good bread
6. 20 minute skillet lasagna, garlic bread, salad
7. Freezer Meal Beef Burritos Make 2 batches
8. Fried pork chops, rice + gravy, green beans
9. Southwestern Steak and Cornbread stuffing (new) corn on the corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes
10. Homemade Pizza night
11. BBQ Crock Pot ribs / Mac and cheese / Baked Beans
12. No Peek Beef tips Over egg noodles/ Brocolli/ Mac and Cheese
13. Chef salads/ sandwiches
14. Chicken Fajitas (freezer meal make extra batch)
15. Chicken Fajita Casserole (use meat from 9/14)
16. Homemade Veggie soup/ sandwiches
17. Spaghetti & Meatballs / bread stick twist
18. 7 up chicken / pasta salad
19. Hamburgers / oven fries
20. Cajun Steak over Rice
21. Baked Ziti
22. Chicken Enchiladas
23. Sausage /Veggie bake
24. Chili / corn muffins
25. Left overs
26. Cream of potato soup / grilled cheese
27. Stew over rice / Mac and Cheese / apple sauce / good bread
28. Stuffed Bell Peppers / Rolls / Salad
29. Country Fried Steak Sandwiches /Potato packets
30. Crack Potatoes/ BBQ Pork Chops/ Roasted broccoli
Since school started back my kids want to eat all afternoon when they get home. They are starving slap to death at the end of the day. (poor things). I remember being like that too. Here is a great recipe for an after school snack I discovered over at Mommy's Kitchen.
Easy to make! Just mix it together and then add it to your molds. I did not have enough molds but I did have silicone cupcake liners which work great. I just added my Popsicle sticks to them. I do wish they had been a little bit deeper. But y'all know I usually try to use what is on hand versus going to the store.
I love the pretty color of these!
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and dissolve jello (4 ounce size) into it. Stir well!
2. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and again stir until dissolved.
3. Add yogurt now using a wire whisk and beating constantly until smooth.
4. If you are adding fruit do it NOW.
5. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
This was strawberry jello with plain yogurt. You could use any flavor variety so mix it up ! Kids Love them!