Thursday, September 20, 2012

Children's Books We've Been Reading

Spooky Spooky Spooky!Spooky Spooky Spooky! by Cathy MacLennan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is filled with bright and fun illustrations. Perfect for young children and preparing them a little bit about Halloween. Velvety bats and horrible cats each page there is something new. At the end you discover each scary thing was simply the cute little trick or treaters coming out to play.

View all my reviews


What Do You Love?What Do You Love? by Jonathan London
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is so sweet. I enjoy the large illustrations. I get giggles and smiles as I read it . When I get to the parts that ask "What do you love?" I really enjoy when my child shouts out things he loves as I read it to him. One of my favorites parts is "mud pies and Mommy's eyes." My sweet boy will reach up and touch my eyes .



View all my reviews

Alphabeep!: A Zipping, Zooming ABCAlphabeep!: A Zipping, Zooming ABC by Debora Pearson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Alphabeep is a fun little book all about transportation. I know my boy who loves his cars and anything automobile has enjoyed it very much. It goes through the alphabet with an automobile, road sign, or direction to go with each. "A is for ambulance." and "E is for exit sign"

Very cute!

View all my reviews


Penguin Pete, Ahoy!Penguin Pete, Ahoy! by Marcus Pfister
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Penguin Pete found something interesting to explore. A ship! On board e meets a little mouse named Horatio and they become friends. Pete decides he really misses the sea and wants to take Horatio with him. Horatio can't swim so they decide to put him in a life boat and let Pete push him. The lifeboat fills with water and Pete has to save Horatio.

It's a cute little story. For my guy the highlight was the ship.

View all my reviews