Monday, August 13, 2012

Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

E.L. James is a new author with a lot of potential. The writing leaves something to be desired , yet you find yourself captivated and wanting to continue on.

 When I began Fifty Shades I have to confess the first few chapters didn't grab me at all. My girlfriend kept telling me how good these books were. At one point I even looked at her asking "really?" She told me to keep reading. I put it down which I never do and then picked it back up a week or so later. So, glad that I did.

Anastasia and Grey had me saying "OH MY" quite often. These books are unlike anything I have read before. Its erotic and romantic and some love it while others hate it. Personally, they kept me entertained.

Anastasia an innocent college student falls for the mysterious, rich Christian Grey who is anything but innocent. Christian comes with a load of baggage, "Fifty Shades messed up". The way these two play cat and mouse and finally connect is quite a story. The sex is kinky, wild and sizzling. Even a bit overpowering at times.



View all my reviews





Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book 2 is much more romantic than the first. Grey and Anastasia overcome and work out several problems including his kinky ways. Several exes are in the picture creating issues not to mention Anastasia's new awful boss Jack. Several twist and A LOT of SEX!

View all my reviews



Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the character evolution in this series. I am so happy that book #3 does not leave us with a cliff hanger like some. The book ends and you know exactly what has happened to all involved.

With that said in this one Anastasia and Fifty are exploring their life as a married couple. On the honeymoon and yes some psycho is still out to get them. Anastasia and Fifty take a several steps forward and several back and the cycle spins. The sex is as hot as ever as these two figure out their lives together. Anastasia takes some shocking risks and well if you want to know you'll just have to pick up the book. I don't want to give anything away. You know that saying a good woman is behind every good man. Hmm... Oh my how Fifty has changed from book one to book three. Anastasia & Grey's families are more present in Fifty Shades of Freed giving a whole new picture of the two and some depth to their story.

E.L.James thanks for writing this hot mess. It kept me up into the wee hours of the morning all weekend while I read. If you are an ADULT and looking for some spice check this one out. If you aren't looking for sizzling crazy sex then you won't want to read these.

View all my reviews