Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Twist For Your Child's Easel + Linky

stickyeasel, sticky easel

We were inspired by Teach Preschool's sticky easels.   Teach Preschool has taught me so much about creative play and ways to introduce new ideas to C.  I taped white contact paper to our easel (simply because that is what I had on hand).  Then our sticky easel began to take shape.  I originally wanted to try blocks but for whatever reason our blocks would not stick for anything.  I'm not sure if this was due to the contact paper not being sticky enough? or that our easel has a slant to it so you really have to press to get things to stick sometimes?  Teach Preschool was able to get blocks to stick . I know C would love that, so we'll be trying again. 

I filled the little basket with odds and ends I thought might stick.  We had some pipe cleaners, ribbon, bottle caps,  some old hearts from Valentines day, and some shapes from an old shape puzzle.  I gave the basket to C and showed him how that they would stick.  Then I let him take over.  Not having a planned sticky theme allowed us to run around the house over and over again and collect objects to test on the board. 

The pop corn containers were not part of the plan. But for whatever reason C went and grabbed them and wanted to stick them on.  Who am I to argue with the creativity of a three year old?   It was a great idea on his part, we were then able to toss objects into the cups , hide goodies into them and make an entirely different game.  I can't wait to try a new sticky easel.  

Link up with us today we'd love to see what you've been learning through play!