11. Vegetable beef soup / grilled cheese
12. Slow Cooker Ribs, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
13. No peek beef tips, over noodles (leftover veggies from 6/12)
14. Spaghetti, monkey garlic bread
15. Chicken and Rice / Broccoli / Mac and Cheese
16. grilled pork chops/ corn on the cob/ baked beans
17. Steaks / French Fries / Salads
Mmm sounds yummy doesn't it? Now lets talk recipes. Pound Cake recipes to be exact. I love a good pound cake if the outside is nice and crispy. Yummy! We've tried a few different cakes here lately and I thought I would share them with you.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
Mix these ingredients together adding one egg at a time.
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cups cocoa
Mix these dry ingredients together and then slowly add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
Pour into a greased bunt pan and bake at 325 for 90 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
Fruit Pound Cakes
These pound cakes totally remind me of the South.
One is made with sweet Georgia Peaches and the other with Florida strawberries.
YUMMO. They are so good !
Peach Pound Cake
- 1 cup of butter (real butter softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of peaches peeled, and chopped
Mix well and pour into a well greased bunt pan. Sprinkle the pan with sugar and then add your batter. Bake at 325 for 90-115 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. You know the drill.
Strawberry Pound Cake
exact same recipe as above exact substitute strawberries for peaches
The strawberry cake seems to take a little bit longer to get done.
Linking up at: