One thing I know I need is a new pair of shoes just for running. But shoe shopping can be a bit much when you have no idea what you are doing. There are a lot of shoes on the shelf that claim to be the best. Right? So, what makes a good running shoe? Let's find out.
Here are some questions you need to know or be ready to answer when shoe shopping.
- How often do you run?
- Where will you be running? (I had no idea they make shoes for pavement and shoes for trails so where you run makes a difference in the shoe you purchase, makes since).
- How far do you go?
- Are you a pro or newbie?
A good shoe person will ask these questions or similar ones to assist you in finding the right shoe for your needs. And if your not one to use the shoe person, well then ask yourself these questions. This will help you know what direction to go when looking. It's important to know what your needs actually are and not just your wants. Its easy for the wants to Win if you are not careful .
What qualities should a good running shoe have?
- A good fit. Never buy your shoe to small or to big.
- Stability ~ a shoe that controls motion in the ankle. I definitely need this key feature. I easily twist my ankles. I'm just special that way.
- Light weight the lighter the better . I even apply this to my flip flops.
- the 3 C's (cushion, comfort, & cuteness) OK cuteness is not mandatory but lets face it who wants non cute shoes?
Ha ha this is usually me...