Thursday, May 17, 2012

No Cry Picky Eater Solution Book Review

elizabeth pantley no cry picky eater solution
BY : Elizabeth Pantley

I recently had the chance to read The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution.  I was immediately intrigued by the title and couldn't wait to see if this book would teach me something new.  My older children have always been incredibly picky.  Now we have C coming up behind them . He has always been a much better eater than they were at his age.  As he gets a little bit older though , he does try to be picky. Refusing to eat things that have always been favorites.  One day loving a food and the next day having nothing to do with it.  Taking one bite of something and wanting no more or simply boycotting the whole process.  He is using dinner time to assert his power.  It can get to be a bit frustrating.  

The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution is a great resource for parents.  It is packed full of positive tips from other parents and experts.  Right away you realize, hey my three year old is not the only  picky  child.  Actually, being picky is very common.  Elizabeth shares all kinds of tips and tricks to encourage your child to eat a more healthy balanced meal.  Some of these tips include how to sneak veggies in,  healthy snacks and portions, charts and , more.

Here is a tip I found quite helpful, start mixing 1/2 wheat pasta with your regular pasta gradually increasing the amount of the wheat and decreasing your regular pastas each time.  Great tip!  I never thought of mixing it.  I have tried to go whole wheat cold turkey and dear husband refused to eat.(maybe I can get a book on picky husbands).   The No-Cry Picky Eater Solution,  also has a whole section of recipes to try.  I can't wait to make a few.  I love trying new recipes, and I'm even more excited these recipes have been tested out by other Moms just like me. 

Usually, when talking about picky eating I expect to be judged.  My older children are teenagers and have been picky always.  I have heard the comments , the not always nice comments. I was prepared for more of the same. Make them eat what you fix etc etc.  Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.  This book shares advice, but never makes you feel like you have done something wrong.  Quite the opposite.  I found it quite comforting to hear that plenty of other Moms are struggling with their eaters.  If you are looking for some advice and encouragement don't throw out the towel just yet. Stop and pick up a copy.

Follow Elizabeth Pantley to get more great parenting tips on 

disclosure:  I received a Free copy of this book in exchange for a 100% honest review.  All opinions shared are my own.
Thank you Elizabeth Pantley for the great book!