Monday, May 7, 2012

#Menu Monday + Easy Lunch #Recipe

7.  No Peek Beef Tips over rice, broccoli and sliced tomatoes
8.  Meat Loaf, Left Over rice, Mac and Cheese, and stewed tomatoes
9.  Chicken and Rice, oven roasted veggies and salad, homemade bread
10.  Crock Pot Fajitas and Beef tacos
11. Leftovers or grilled cheese
12.  Coca Cola Pork, Mac and Cheese and Baked Beans
13. Leftover Pork Sandwiches and baked potatoes
14.  Foil Baked London Broil with peppers, baked potatoes and skillet corn bread 

Plus an Easy Lunch Recipe ~ Chicken Salad 

Chicken salad is one of my favorite lunch time treats.  My favorite way to serve it is on a croissant, but as you can see from the photos I had none.  

I usually say some shredded chicken out when I am already preparing it for chicken and dumplings or rice.  You can do that or just decide to make you some.  Whatever works for you. 

Here is what you need: 

1-2 boiled chicken breast (depending on how much salad you need)
1 good Tablespoon of mayonnaise 
salt and pepper to taste
celery chopped 

Boil your chicken and then take a fork and shred it up.  Stir in your salt, pepper, mayonnaise and celery.  

Serve on some yummy  bread or just eat on crackers.  

lunchtime favorite#recipe chicken salad sandwich

This recipe is special to me.  I have always enjoyed my Grannie's chicken salad.  She is the sweetest and always saves or brings me some when she makes it.  Of course she makes many other goodies also. But I have fond memories of chicken salad picnics as a kid.