Sunday, May 27, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth Book Review

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, I couldn't put this one down.  I read it pretty much straight through picked it up last night and finished it first thing this morning . Now I'm so bummed that I have to wait for book 3. That's the only thing about getting hooked on a new series the WAITING.

I think Veronica Roth nailed this as a continuation of Divergent. It is definitely not a series to just jump in at book 2. I highly recommend you read Divergent then pick this one up. You won't be sorry.

Tris is a character that is so strong in book #1 and in this you see a girl struggling with all that has happened. Struggling with guilt of her actions. I love her flaws and how she has so many different sides. I'm impressed that although Tobias (her love) doesn't always approve or agree she does not hesitate to do what she believes is right or speak her mind.

This girl was consumed by her guilt of killing Will in book one. She could no longer even shoot her gun which is not the best place to be when in the middle of a war. You see a more human Tris, rather than the unbreakable.

Four or Tobias is a little more grouchy in this book. He has his Mom back and he seems like he is pushing Tris away in some respects. The Dauntless lose his respect for him at one pint and you find yourself surprised with how things are changing ! He and Tris love each other but their relationship is by no means an easy one. That's what makes them win you heart . The battles they face and overcome as together makes them one awesome power couple. Tobias and Tris are definitely a favorite couple of mine!

The plot well lets just say it is full of turns and bends and surprised and WOWS. So much happens in this 500 pages. Tris is AWESOME and then she does some really stupid things too. You get a better look at all of the factions in this one and how they work or run things. You get to see the Factionless and boy is their leader a shocker /page turner. And the ending well that cliff hanger does a great job of leaving you wanting more.

Overall, Insurgent was a brilliant sequel to Divergent. This is definitely now one of my favourite series and I absolutely cannot wait for book three. I need more!

View all my reviews