Saturday, May 19, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth Book Review

I just shared a new review for Good Reads. I've found a new series and I'm so pumped. . What are you reading these days?

  Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my gosh what a great read. Veronica Roth totally nailed it with this book. Both myself and my 15 year old daughter give it a thumbs up.

If Hunger Games was a hit with you I think you will also be a fan of Divergent. I'm so excited to read the next book in the series , so I hope it hurries up and gets here. (I ordered it on amazon)

In Divergent the children are given an aptitude test to determine what faction they should chose to finish their education and life with. Society is divided into five factions : Candor (honest), Dauntless (the brave, Amity (peaceful), Erudite (intelligent) Abnegation (the selfless).

Beatrice takes her aptitude test and the results are inconclusive. Beatrice is told she is Divergent and must never tell anyone if she wants to survive. Beatrice makes a choice that shocks her Abnegation family she chooses Dauntless.

Next, the Dauntless initiation begins. Beatrice renames herself Tris. She is in a whole new world part scary and part thrilling. Initiation is fierce and comes in three phases where you are ranked on ability. A romance brews with an older boy and you find yourself cheering them on and towards the end holding your breath for a positive outcome. If this isn't enough Tris uncovers a growing conspiracy that will destroy her old faction and her parents society. How can she save her family ? Will this destroy her?

View all my reviews