Monday, April 23, 2012

Meal Plan Monday #Menu & #Recipe

Menu Meal Plan Monday



22.  Chili's Chicken Fajita (new) / chips /salsa
23.  Crock Pot Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes and ..something green
24.  Homemade Pizza
25.  Spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread 
26.  Leftovers 
27.  Vegetable Beef Soup and grilled cheese 
28.  Grilled Burgers, Hot dogs, potato salad 
29.  Grilled Chicken Breast, veggie packs and hot rolls
30.  Baked pork chops, hash brown casserole,  +veggie

Now for this weeks Recipe:

Cajun Steak Meal 

I found the inspiration recipe over at Deep South Dish 
& then I tweaked it a bit for us. 

I really like this recipe because it uses round steak which is very budget friendly. 

First I thawed my round steak and then I chopped it into bite size pieces. 
Mixed flour, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and dropped my meat pieces in and tossed them around and then browned them in my frying pan. 









Cajun Steak Recipe Meal Plan MOnday

Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and then place into a casserole dish. 

Next add your peppers and onions to the frying pan and brown them .

Yum!


Meal Plan Monday

Aren't they pretty chopped and ready to go into the pan. 

Love the colors. 


Cajun Steak REcipe

Brown them for a few minutes and then add on top of your steak mixture.

all in one steak

Next I whisked together : Beef Broth, Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce , and Worcestershire Sauce. 

I totally just eyeballed it  here. 


cajun recipe


Pour this over your steak and peppers. 

Layer pads of butter across the casserole. 

Next, peel and thinly slice potatoes and layer over this. 

I strained and used canned carrots.  You can totally omit them or use fresh too. 

Poured the carrots over the potatoes.


cajun recipe

Now add more salt and pepper over this. 


cajun all in one meal

Bake on 350 for 90 minutes. 

I served this over rice. 

It was a winner even my husband raved about it.  Trust me that does not happen enough!

What's on your table this week?