Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lies by Michael Grant

Lies (Gone, #3)Lies by Michael Grant

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Lies is the third book in the Gone series. I think this is my least favorite so far but definitely not a bad read.

Peridido Beach is at wars. It has been months since the adults have disappeared and the FAYZ has happened. Kids have had all they can take. Fights among each other are breaking out. It is now the Human Crew against the "Freaks".

Brittany a dead girl awakes as a zombie (freaky) and with her awakes Drake. Sam must take on the dead Drake again the person/thing he fears more than anything.

Michael Grant sidelines some of the older characters from Hunger and Gone and brings in some new. I'm not overly thrilled with the new so far but we'll see how this development plays out as I continue to read the series.

Caine and his gangly bunch escape to an island once owned by movie stars. Where they find comfort and food and force the residents fleeing to Peridido Beach and hunger. Of course their escape is not made without wrecking havoc on the kids of Peridido Beach first.

Lies slowed a bit to be the third book but it does keep the series moving forward. I'm hoping book #4 will pick up a bit .








View all my reviews