Monday, March 12, 2012

Meal Plan Monday ~ Crock Pot Cherry Delight Recipe

Photobucket 

Today is a very special day.  It is my parents anniversary.  Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.  I couldn't ask for better role models in what a good marriage should be.  I love you both so much!


Here's what is left of our March Menu.  You can find the complete menu under our Menu tab at the top.

12.  Sausage / Veggie Bake , corn bread
13.   Crispy Cheddar Chicken, steamed Veggies
14.  Taco Bake/ Nachos
15.  Leftovers or Sandwiches your choice
16.  Crock pot BBQ chicken and hash brown casserole
17.  Pan Fried Ham and left over HB casserole , roasted broccoli
18. Sandwiches/Soup
19.  Breakfast 
20.  eating out
21.  eating out
22.  Fajitas
23.  Homemade pizza
24.  Fried Steak Sandwiches all the way 
25.  Meat Loaf Rice & Tomatoes , Candy Carrots Corn Muffins
26.  Crock Pot Spaghetti
27.  Crock Pot Minestrone Soup And Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
28.  Fried Chicken Salads or left overs your choice!
29.  3 pack pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans
30.  Roast Beef sliders with caramelized onions and potato salad
31.  Chili's Chicken, Baked Potatoes

Now I have a delicious treat to share with you.  I call it Cherry delight.  


It all began when I found crock pot cherry cobbler recipe at Budget Savvy Diva.   I read through the recipe, shared it with my Mom and then couldn't wait to make it.  After purchasing the ingredients I went to town to make it without rereading the directions.  OOPS!

 Here's what I did. I added cherry pie filling to the crock pot.  Then I dumped my cake mix right on top.  Then I said "wait a minute something just is not right,." Uh OH.  So , I scooped as much of it back out without getting the cherries as possible. 

So, then I headed to the recipe at Budget Savvy Diva.  Reread and thought OK got it. Easy.

Sadly, I messed up again or I think I did because my mix didn't look a thing like the one showed there. 

Here's what I did.  I melted my butter, mixed my vanilla and cake mix together.  OK from the directions I should have had a crumbly dough mix.  I had cake batter.  From here I thought what the heck I'm going to give it a try anyway. I dumped the cake mix right on top of the cherry pie filling and kind of swirled it around a bit.  Put it on low for 4 hours.

I ended up with a kind of ooey gooey cake and it was AWESOME Yummy!  My pictures do not do it justice because they are after I put it in the refrigerator.  Of course it was not complete until we added a big spoon of Cool Whip.  Cool Whip makes anything Yummy right?








PhotobucketPhotobucket

I used the entire cake mix and the entire can of cherry pie filling.
This is the first dessert I ever made in the crock pot.  I'm excited to try more now.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

You can decide whether to make it like a cake mix or make it crumbly. I know I will remake it my way again, but I want to try out the other also.

You can of course use any kind of pie filling. You can totally play with this one.

 For a printable copy of this recipe visit
 Budget Savvy Diva.  

Pin It